Friday, April 18, 2008

Paul Baggett/Eddie Turner

This morning I have been looking back over the last several years. That can
be kinda scary :) My thoughts were not really about situations, good times
or bad times but about people who have made my life as a pastor better. My
wife, Tawana, and my girls are at the top of any list but today I was
thinking about two men who have effectively changed me and the way that I
think. First, Paul Baggett... my dad. What a unique man! There were times
that I thought staying in ministry with my dad was crazy but right now... in
this moment, I can't imagine what I would've done without the wisdom that he
taught me. Don't get me wrong, He is absolutely, Unequivocally the
quintessential pentecostal preacher and he had helped me to always remember
that staying true who you are is more important than what you do. The
shoulders that I stand on are my dad's. I hope to have many more years of
ministry alongside him.

The other man is Rev. Eddie Turner. Former District Superintendant of the
Assemblies of God in TN and a pastor who built a powerhouse church of over
2,000 in a place where everyone said it was impossible to do so. Pastor
Eddie has reminded me over and over the importance of prayer. Everytime I
ask his advice he asks me if I have prayed it through and honestly, in the
beginning of our friendship, I would have to answer no. His mentoring has
taught me that education is vital and important but can never take the place
of falling on my face in prayer for my church and people. God has been good
to Tawana and me. I thank God everyday for these men that help me remain
true to the person that God created me to be and the ministry that God
called my family.

Thank you..... thank you..... thank you!!!! You guys are incredible and I
look forward to your input for many more years.

1 comment:

shane said...

Eddie Turner was my pastor growing up. He is a good man.