Monday, July 7, 2014

YOU'RE AN OVERCOMER!!!


Principle 2:  KEEP PUSHING!
This is a BIG one!  No matter who you are…      Life WILL knock you DOWN! The question is not how to avoid getting hit… but in how we respond TO getting hit! When life gets crazy… You have to KEEP on PUSHING.

On Father’s day this year, my dad passed away. My FATHER and I have worked together for the last 20 years and during that time we were able to accomplish some very significant things. Just like most dads, He was an ANCHOR for me… (and sometimes a scapegoat, if I were getting to the real nitty-gritty.) Needless to say, it was unexpected… and honestly, I felt LOST.

The reality is that LIFE doesn’t stop. Challenges don’t take a break. The goals and dreams that dad and I share aren’t going on vacation while I have a broken heart.

So…. The question really becomes, how do we get through getting knocked down? How do we get thru?  WE JUST DO!

Take a breath and realize… it’s gonna be ok!
You’ve gotta KEEP ON PUSHING! GET BACK UP!

Our WHY ‘we do it’ has to be greater than our WHAT ‘we are going thru’
For me, I’ve learned that I’ve got to remind my situation about who is in charge!
‘When it gets tough’ is the proving ground for the "GREAT"!

The Bible teaches us the real deal here…. 
(It shows us  through several scriptures from Ecclesiastes 9:11 to Matthew 24:13 to 2 Timothy 4:7)

The race is not given to the swift or to the strong… but to those who persevere.

So today’s LIFE TWEAK is this: 
EVERYBODY GETS KNOCKED DOWN… BUT OVERCOMERS GET BACK UP… because our WHY is more important than or WHAT.

Keep on Pushing folks! We've gotta a world to reach!

No comments: