Monday, March 24, 2014

Impossible Odds?

Have you ever faced something impossible? I can't tell you how many times I have just wanted to quit... to give up and do something easier with my life.... there were times that I thought it would be easier just to go back to my old way of living instead of just digging the useless holes that I seem to be always digging. But the secret to success is tenacity... if we stop digging when we're discouraged then we will never find the water at the bottom of the well.
When I became pastor of Living To Go Church I was incredibly excited! Full of ideas and ways to make the church grow and to impact the world through our community of believers. Although the majority of people at the time liked the idea there were those who liked everything just the way it was. I realized that there would be a cost to digging new wells. But the hurts that came with the process and the discouragement that inevitably shows up are really not big prices to pay when you finally hit water and there is enough for everybody. Remember..... when you're discouraged, your purpose in God seems impossible to find..... when your hurt, it seems easier to just quit..... when your tired and burned out, it seems like giving up is just practical... STOP! Never quit digging! Never stop seeing the goal in your mind..... Failure is not running in to setbacks, failure is allowing a setback to stop you from attempting something great.

No comments: